Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Obsession and fan girls

As I'm sure any of you know, I go through phases of obsession. During these phases, I geek out over one fandom (or person/band/etc). Right now it's Adventure Time, a couple of days ago it was Code Lyoko, and before that it was Criminal Minds.

What makes this different, is that I haven't really geeked out over Adventure Time before. I have to say, it feels kinda good. Oh my glob, it's a fun fandom. It's so nerdy and weird, it's fun! I mentioned something about dressing up as Marceline for the convention during break today, and this guy totally freaked out because he LOVES Adventure Time. Now, I'm sorta friends with this guy (he can be a major douche) but I had never known him to geek out over anything but Star Trek. And he was like FREAKING out because he loved Adventure Time.

I guess it's all encompassing. So is Driving Ms. Daisy, but that's another story.


Now, on to fan girls. I had this conversation with my friend this morning. Fan girls are weird. I find my self turned off from certain fandoms because the fan girls scare me. Mostly, anime fan girls. But the normal fan girl I seem to come across is either super defensive, super rude, super annoying, super stupid, or all of the above. I would like to label my self as a fan girl (as some normal ones to exist), but with the current label on fan girl (because of truth) I will just have to settle for "Fan".

No comments:

Post a Comment