Thursday, January 5, 2012

I need a change

I need a change in my life and I don't know how that's going to happen. Somethings have changed, somethings haven't.

I need to get rid of the bad. The people I don't like, the ones that stress me out. Sadly, I can't seem to shake these people. I don't mean to complain all the time, but when you feel like you have only one friend at school. It makes you sad.

This rift in the "friend group" was caused by a difference in opinion. I'm basically not for "non-conformity" and they are. I grew out of my "angsty teenage girl who think she's better than everyone because she's different and the popular girls are dumb" phase freshman/sophomore year and they're still there. I mean it's fine to be like that, most girls seem to go through it. But I don't despise the "popular" girls anymore. My life is no longer "Pretty in Pink", thought I am quite a bit like Andie and I do have a "Duckie". I don't read teen fiction, the only "angsty" band I listen to is My Chemical Romance, I hardly ever go into Hot Topic (part of it is price), I don't hate school, and I LOVE my parents. I act like I'm older than I am, but I don't want to grow up. ):

However, I have some ways to keep from getting so stressed out.
-I'm going to drink more tea. Preferably green, but black is good too.
-I'm going to take 30 minutes before bed to read a book or play my new Harvest Moon game
-Watch more Bones to get me going towards my goal of Forensic Anthropolgist.
-Talk to friends outside of school, people like Julia and Tanya (a.k.a. Hachiko), who understand the need for make-up and fashion.
-Keep a journal in which all the entries are poems.
-Spend more time with my mom.

1 comment: