Friday, January 6, 2012

Make-up

So, I love make-up. I really do. It's something that I'm really good at doing. But more often than not I feel like I'm judged for wearing make-up instead of not wearing it. Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong group of people.

Something I've noticed at my school though, some girls don't know how to do make-up properly. If you're going to wear it, please do it right. I'm not trying to be snarky or rude, but somethings just make people look bad.

The biggest problem at my school is eyeliner. Now, I love eyeliner, but it has to be done right or you look cheap. Read any professional make-up book, they'll tell you same thing. What a lot of girls at my school do is they do a thick line of black eyeliner on the bottom and nothing else. No eyeshadow, no mascara, no foundation, nothing. This makes you look like a 13 year old. You have to have eyeliner with eyeshadow and mascara. However, there are some girls that do something like this, but they have a thin line of eyeliner. This looks perfectly fine, because they don't look like they're trying to hard.

Another problem is something that everyone notices. Foundation that doesn't match your skin tone. It's obvious if your face is tan and your neck is white. If you're going to go for a darker tone, BLEND BLEND BLEND and include your neck. But the biggest tip is to choose a foundation that's your skin tone shade or a shade lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment