Friday, December 17, 2010

So Messed Up

I am, I really am. I'm a mess romantically. So I have this boyfriend. He's alright I guess, I don't really like him as a boyfriend though, more as a friend. But he's so emotionally dependent on me, he's convinced himself that he loves me. Everything romantic he says, it turns me away. I always end up dating the hero when I want to date the sidekick. The thing is, there's someone I know who would be like that. I like him far more than I like my boyfriend and it's upsetting me. I'd rather be with this other guy, but I'm not so much of a whore that I'd break up with my boyfriend for him.

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you about how your BF is currently probably feeling, since once upon a time I was always the "friend" guy. He almost certainly hasn't opened up yet because he is afraid if he does you won't like him anymore. So he is careful to not say or do anything that much be "to much" or push you away. Dumping him, especially with the "I think your a good guy and you'll make someone happy some day, but we should just be friends" line you will only compound his nervousness around women. Try to get him to open up. It will probably take time he has to feel that if he shows you the real him that he isn't going to get dumped for it. If you just dump him for someone else it will take a miracle for him to get out of his "freind" slump (it did for me). I'm not telling you to feel sorry for him, but he is probably a great interesting guy and not as boring and stale as he might appear. You have to lead him in the right direction to meet your emotional needs and make him feel secure and accepted by you.

    ReplyDelete